Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday is my day: ThePaperMachines

Jaa
Hello all! Today we are traveling to Manchester, England to meet Raphaela from ThePaperMachines! Enjoy the ride :)

Totem Necklace No3

Hi! My name is Raphaela and I'm a French designer living in Manchester, UK.
I make bags and accessories, all from salvaged leather and locally sourced supplies.
In my free time, I like to play the violin, read books and watch more anthropology documentaries than anyone I know! 


 [9am]
Tea!! Then I check emails, and answer them as I'm having a nice breakfast. Then I take advantage of the sun and take some pictures of my new items! Then it's time for me to get into my daily sewing routine. Today I needed to replenish my stock of drawstring bags in which my jewelry is sent. Lots of fun to see them all done! 




 [11 am]
Post office time...Not the funniest part of the day but today is quite sunny so I decided to stop at the park on my way back. It's so nice! 



 [12 am]
Lunch time..I like to take my time to cook myself something nice, today it's roots vegetable bake, with rocket on the side. Yummy!


 [1 pm]
Back to my studio until the early evening. Put some good tunes on and get cutting, threading, drawing and sewing some more. I love vintage decor and my room is filled up to brim with artworks in pretty frames, records and old books. It's a bit like a cocoon where there is always something nice to look at and be inspired from.  




[6:30 pm]
Time to tidy all the mess I created! Then my lovely half and I will share a homemade dinner or sometimes a pizza, then I might list some items and go through my tags and descriptions, blog about my day and watch a film!

Hope you enjoyed following my day!

............................................................................................
Thank you Raphaela! As for all of you lovely readers stay tunned for our next week's guest!
Until then, have a great weekend and be creative :)

No comments:

Post a Comment