Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday is my day: Martice

Jaa
Netherlands is so lovely and tiny country so let's use our opportunity and hop to Leiden and meet Marta from martice.etsy.com
She knits fun laptop sleeves, baby booties and scarves. Please visit her colorful shop!

Knitted laptop sleeve and Macbook sleeve 13 inch (also Pro) Under the Sea blue
by: martice


The grey day

The day starts at 12.00h in the evening doesn't it? Well I was rolling balls of yarn at that hour, very meditative I must say! At 02.15 I went to sleep (which is very late for me), so my day started very early today! I decided to try to change my biological clock and to try to sleep shorter. I woke up at 7.30 and send my bf a text message saying "good morning". Normally we would wake up together but today he's at a nerdy conference with fellow physicists. So I stood up alone.. well not totally alone... this week is very different... Litto the hairy bearded collie woke up in the same room. I'm watching Litto this week, because my mother is on holiday. This means for me that my day looks different.

First thing I do in the morning is run to my MacBook to see if something has happened while I was sleeping :) I found out that my nomination category at the Poppies opened. :) So I started my campaign ;)
7.45 Then I had a quick shower with the best soap in the world ( www.etsy.com/shop/ultimateorganicsoap ).

8.15 Now it's time to walk the dog (dog is already waiting). The morning walk is always very difficult, a big conflict of interest: walk the dog for a long time or compensate the time that I slept too long and walk not that long. But generally the first one wins, because it's best to have the dog a bit tired before I leave to work.
9.00 Normally I would go to work by bike or car, but car is broken and I feel ill, so I have been going by bus for the last week. This is not the best way though. I have to wait for a very long time.
And then I arrive at work, too late. I work in one room with one colleague. I was used to working alone, but now I love sharing a room. I generally bother her with all my stories the whole time :) and listen to her as well :). Today I brought her some Japanese tea with apple. :) Yum. She always gives me home made jam :) I get my first cup of coffeee and probably second one. Eat candy out of the jar (too much).
14.00 After working a few hours I go home, not too late, because dog is waiting. In between two busses I did some groceries and when I came home I walked the dog. The weather was nice for the first time in a few days and even dry, which gave me the opportunity to make some pictures of my sleeves outside in our small little outside place. :) Dog helped me out, by blocking the sun ;)
15.00 A quick lunch... and a good coffeeee
15.30 I had to go out again. A colleague is leaving us tomorrow and I have to buy him a trolley as a gift. So I went out and doggie watched me walk away. How can you leave him alone?? Well have to!
15.45 On my way first to the animal store to get him some more things to chew on. So I got him two toys, one bone and a bag of cookies. Now on my way to the trolley, which I found! Choosing was difficult, because they had like 50 different ones. I also found some nice letters with the first letter of my (new) surname and my bf surname! And only for 1 euro p.p. Want it! Buy it! Where to hang it? I don't know.. we'll see!

17.00 Back home again :) The canals are nice in this light :) And yes.. walk the doggie again! pfff.. soon it will be over! :)

17.15 I opened my mail and found my new etsy order that arrived :) yes yes yes :) My Black Felted Barette arrived and it's so cute! Ok now enjoying As The World Turns :) I just love watching the serie and doing whatever (generally playing with my mac) :) very relaxing :) Doggie also wants the play though ;) Play and eat his bone!
17.30 BF send me message, he will be home in 30 minutes :) So I will prepare dinner :) But first some more ATWT

18.00 BF comes home and we talk about the day that passed. He fixes the internet that was off for a whole day. Ooh! I sold a sleeve! :)

18.45 Dinner is served! (very easy almost ready dinner)

An the evening begins.. If we don't have any plans it means that we put on the TV and start working on our Macs. Two whiteys on a white couch. I also knit and bf works on his extended family tree :) Sometimes we are like 65-year olds. But who cares, these evenings are relaxed if you have a busy life. :)
We're both tired, so we want to go sleep early, but yes yes! Doggie comes around the corner again, but now it's bf turn :)

And now we sleep!

Imagine now different my day is, when I'm not babysitting the dog.

Things I didn't do and normally do/should do: write my thesis

13 comments:

  1. It is great to know you Marticee:-)so lovely and happy life you have:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marta - nice to see you! Your doggie is a cutie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehee... I too am very much in love with that cute dog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marta! It's so nice to see a bit more of you and your day :-)
    If you are 65, then bf and I are too, haha!

    Dankie from Johannesburg for this fun read with breakfast, and thanks again Helifriend for setting this up! X!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really envy you for your coffee Marta!!!!!! Your dog is lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a fan of Fridays and Helis blog makes it even more fun :)
    Thank you for sharing your day with us and greetings to your moms doggie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely to read about your day, Marta. Oh, yeah the bus station at the Leiden Centraal is a very familiar scene for me as I caught a bus there every day when I went to school in Leiden. I love your dog.. so cute! Thanks for sharing your day, Marta.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow thank you for all your effort to put me on there :)

    Gr.
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is wonderful read up to know more of Marta's day. Doggie looks so adorable and wish I could give him a huge cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marta ! So great to see your here. I love the dog; he is very good looking (as is your boyfriend....). Dogs are very good to stay fit !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, such a fun day! One day, I'll be on your doorstep for a cup of coffee like that! Just the way I like 'em! :)
    And the dog is mighty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another super article to read! It is fun to see how we all live our life with etsy as a common thing for us all. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, looks like you had a busy day but accomplished a lot! This Friday series is great fun, love reading them. Have a lovely weekend Marta & Heli!

    ReplyDelete