Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday is my day: Verluisant's hope

Jaa
Hello from frozen Greece! Winter this year is really cold even on the islands! Yayyy :)
Today we will travel to France to meet sweet Lucie from Verluisant's hope! Enjoy the ride ;) 

Fox
 
9h00
Bonjour! Welcome into my world! My name is Lucie and I'm the designer behind Verluisant's Hope. I live with my husband in a town near the center of France. Today is a very good day because I don't to have wake up early!! The rest of the week, I work in a school and it's always a challenge to leave my bed. The fact is that I love to sleep and my nights are filled with interesting dreams. Indeed, it's a dream that brought me the idea of paper cutting! 


9h10
Breakfast time: impossible to survive without my morning tea. 


9h30
I go to the kitchen and I feed the cutest occupant of the flat: Winchester, my little rabbit seems to be always starving while he is pretty plump...  My second «pet» is a carnivorous plant, but she catches the flies herself.  


10h00
I'm finally dressed after a few minutes spent to choose my outfit. I must confess I love clothes and jewels... and Etsy is my favorite market for this kind of items! For instance, the wonderful dress I wear comes from Patricia Valery and my necklace from Corail Menthe, both Etsy shop I heart!


I switch my computer on, check my e-mails and go to see what's new in my Etsy shop. I have also another on line shop, in a french site. I try to read the forums, making treasuries and keep in touch with my teams. Then, I read the news, my favorites blogs and I write my to-do list for the day. I choose good music (today I begin with Peter Doherty, then maybe a bit of Muse) and I'm ready to start creating! Today, I'm starting a new papercut inspired by "20 000 lieues sous les mers" my favorite Jules Verne's book. I usually make one or two drafts before the final drawing on black paper. During this step, I choose some papers for the background of my papercut. As a bookworm, I passionately love beautiful papers, so I collect old books, vintage dictionnaries and maps, beautiful sheets and colourful fabrics that I use in my work, jewels and papercuts.  


12h30
Today, Julien, my husband is taking care of cooking <3 ! Menu: omelette and chicory salad. Simple but tasty!



13h30
Help! No more black paper. I need to go downtown for a little bit of shopping. I introduce Moulins, a little provincial town with some beautiful old stones. The weather is cold but, for the first time since morning the sun is out of the fog.  


16h30
I've got the paper, a discounted dress and a brand new lipstick (yes, it was unexpected)!

17h00
Five o'clock tea! Impossible to survive without my afternoon tea. During tea time, I dedicate my time to my other passion: reading. I studied literature and there is an influence in all my creations. Today I read for the fourth or fifth time "L'écume des jours" from Boris Vian, a surrealist (and sad) story of love. Maybe a future theme for my papercuts or my jewels! 


18h00
I spend a couple of hours on my computer, chatting with my sister and my friends and searching for new ideas. Usually, I choose this hour to list my new items in my on line shops.

20h00
Dinner with Julien. Our tradition is to watch some films or series before we go to sleep.

22h00
I'm beginning to yawn, so, after a hot shower, I join my beloved bed! Bonne nuit!







............................................................................................
Thank you Lucie! As for all of you lovely readers stay tunned for our next week's guest!
Until then, have a great weekend and be creative :)

xo
Tatiana



No comments:

Post a Comment