Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday is my day: Oxhillcrafts

Jaa

Hello all! Today we are traveling to Portugal to meet Gisela from “Oxhillcrafts”!
Enjoy the ride! :)


Mixed Media necklace
Hi! My name is Gisela and I live in Portugal. I have an Etsy shop called Oxhillcrafts and I am so happy to be here sharing my day with you!


6:30 am - My alarm clock wakes me up and five minutes later my two cats, Oscar and Felix, start pawing me in the face to get me out of the bed. How thoughtful of them... Today Felix decides to get back to bed to sleep a little longer.
 


7:00 am - It’s time to take a quick shower and to feed the cats who start meowing for food from the moment they leave the bed. I manage to have breakfast too! I always have oatmeal and drink black tea with milk.
 

7:30 am - I get ready to work and in the meantime I pick some roses from the backyard. They will cheer me up later in the evening.
 




8:00 am - Everything is tidy, the cats are getting ready to sleep again (can’t help feeling envious at this point) and I head off to the office.
 


8:30 am - I arrive at Silves, a lovely town in the south of Portugal where I work as an insurance broker.
 

13:00 pm - (meanwhile many non crafty things happened) I have time for a quick lunch and to squeeze in a trip to the post office to ship an order (all my packages are handmade because I want people to get the feeling of opening a present when they receive their orders). The camera goes with me every time I leave the office at lunchtime. Finding inspiring little things is always a possibility in this town. 
14:00 pm - Back to the office to work a little longer.
 

19:30 pm - Somehow I manage to run away from the paperwork and go back to my little village.
 



20:00 pm - It feels so good to be home again. Going to my parents house to have dinner is my normal routine but today I’m going to stay at home and “dinner” is going to be very simple:  black tea (I’m addicted) and toasts while I let the cats go out to the backyard to play and scratch some trees.
 




20:30 pm - Night is falling and it has been raining. The village looks beautiful in this light. It’s time to craft. Around the house I have small collections of colored threads, buttons, trims and other little thinks that inspire me. I’m making a necklace to add to my Etsy shop in the weekend, a crochet blanket made by my mother is also waiting to be listed. I don’t have to wake up early tomorrow, so it will be a long night!



............................................................................................
Thank you Gisela! As for all of you lovely readers stay tunned for our next week's guest!
Until then, have a great weekend and be creative :)

8 comments:

  1. I just can smile :)
    Loved to know a bit more of Gisela's journey and I'm a huge fan of her work!
    Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for inviting me to share my day, Tatiana! It's truly a privilege to have been invited to participate in such a creative blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this day of hers :)
    Such a tidy house you have Gisela!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gisela thank you for sharing your day! All this photos show so much beauty!
    Wish you much success with your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely feature, thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me encanta saber de ti y de tus gatos!!!!! To también tengo dos gatas... Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely entry and lovely shop! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gisela's work!!! and I was so happy to know that she is the guedt around here :))

    ReplyDelete